Thursday, June 24, 2010

If you have installed Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2 and are having issues getting the EMS to connect to the local server with the following error:

Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

I changed the following values located in the applicationHost.config file in Windows\system32\inetsrv\config:

Section -->

section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Deny" - change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"
section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Deny" - change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"

Compliments to ddepuy for pointing me in the right direction


I was troubleshooting this issue and going thru this post on EHLO but it failed to mention this particular
detail that fixed my situation:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/02/04/453946.aspx

Hope this saves someone else from the headache I got from this issue.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sounds like sp1 for Exchange 2010 is where RTM should have started.  At times I love powershell but I also love to use the GUI for single configuration items like setting up a DAG. 

http://blogs.technet.com/scottschnoll/archive/2010/04/10/new-high-availability-features-in-exchange-2010-sp1.aspx

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's been a while since I posted but ran across an interesting video from Perry Clarke on some of the I/O changes that went in to Exchange 2007 and 2010. For anyone that doesn't know, Perry runs the mailbox team (Within the Exchange group) and has been there for a LONG time. I actually had an interesting discussion/disagreement with Perry back in 2005 during an MVP summit. This was prior to Exchange 2007 and they were just in the middle of some critical design decisions around Exchange 2007. One of those involved not including export to PST (as well as not extending Exmerge to use Unicode PST's) and the discussion got a bit heated as I pointed out many scenarios in our business (Legal) where we needed this feature. Needless to say, Microsoft added 'export-mailbox' to Exchange 2007 sp1 and everyone was once again happy.

Anyways, enjoy the video from Perry:

http://blogs.technet.com/perryclarke/default.aspx